Please call us on 9601-4488 on the weekday prior to your procedure to confirm your arrival time and confirm payment details. Payments can be made by cash, Bank Cheque, Visa, Mastercard or Amex, we do not charge credit card surcharges. Personal or company cheques cannot be accepted unless prior arrangement is made.
On the Day of Admission
• Shower prior to arrival
• Wear comfortable, loose clothing
• Do not wear makeup or nail polish
• Remove all jewellery, including body piercings if possible
• Unless otherwise advised take normal medications with a sip of water
Bring With You
• Medications which may need to be taken immediately following procedure (e.g. insulin)
• X-rays or MRI scans (if required by your Doctor)
• A pair of crutches if you are having a lower limb procedure. These can be hired cheaply at most local Chemists.
Do not bring any jewellery, phones or valuables with you.
You must fast for 6 hours prior to your admission time. This includes water and chewing gum.
Children should be closely monitored as they may not understand the importance of fasting.
On arrival our reception staff will greet you and finalise necessary paperwork and settling of accounts.
Our admissions nurse will then accompany you to the pre operative area where you will change into a theatre gown. The nurse will confirm your details, procedure and consent form, allergy status, fasting status, and take observations. If you or your escort require a medical certificate the admissions nurse will be able to arrange that for you.
You will also be seen by the anaesthetist prior to your procedure and if you have any concerns about your anaesthetic, your Anaesthetist will be happy to discuss this with you.
At all times the nursing staff are there to assist you if you have any concerns or questions