Way to Grow Movember 2019
Movember a great time to remember and address prostate cancer and mental health challenges for our men.
According to Our Story on the Movember website, from 30 Mo Bros in 2003 to over 5 million Mo Bros and their supportive Mo Sistas to date!
If you are at work or amongst friends and family, Movember has grown on many of us! All over Australia 200,000 men have been diagnosed with prostrate cancer. 1 in 6 men are affected by this and the side effects of the treatment they receive.
The quest continues to increase awareness and donations that will provide the innovative and collaborative environment where pioneering breakthroughs can be found.
Here are 5 ways of looking out for your health as a man that is keeping aware of prostate cancer.
- Spend time with positive people
- Talk to others and let people hear you out
- 50 year of age can mean a chat to your GP about the PSA test
- Get nutty and know how to check yourself and notice changes
- Get out and walk or move
So what can you do?
- Grow that Mo! Any shape or size
- Get your friends or family to sponsor you
- Put on an event at work and include a leaderboard
- Donate what you can
Regular checks and testing from your doctor can go a long way to prevent prostate cancer.
to find out more about what you can do to donate or participate, click on the link below or see you GP for testing and more information.